Currently in raw form.
Keeping track of things to do for APRICOT 2008 and then the AIT InterLAB Network Management workshop:
* Create local Ubuntu repository
* Use local DNS to override local ubuntu mirror addresses.
* Set up web server on "noc" and make sure that the rc-config script is
available for: wget http://noc/workshop/scripts/rc-config
* Provide the following for install:
IP Address: ______________________________
DNS Server: ______________________________
Keyboard Layout: ______________________________
* Give password for inst and root accounts
* Update install of Gnome and Xwindow if autoconfigure does not work.
* Decide when to install and configure:
- mail EXIM 4 is installed by Smokeping
- web DONE on FIRST DAY - Apache 2
- php DONE on FIRST DAY - PHP 5 as module not cgi
- mysql WILL BE DONE with Cacti Install on DAY 3
* Add to first-day Ubuntu exercises:
- Allow PermitRootLogin without-password in sshd.conf + a public
key in authorized_keys so we can automatize opening/closing of
CDROM^H^H^H software distribution and config :)
* Install Squid on the NOC so that people can use smokeping against this.
* Make sure that the smokeping config files are available on the noc box per the smokeping install
exercises: scp inst@noc:/etc/smokeping/config
* Make sure this is available per the trac install exercises
* Trac exercises 2: include updating /trac/apricot/conf/trac.ini to contain proper email addresses
for sending out emails.
- Creation of emails based on ticket creation.
- Verification that Exim 4/Sendmail is working as needed.