NSRC-CKLN-C@ribNET Routing, Peering and Network Management Workshop
Dates: February 19-23, 2013
Location: Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Host: University of Trinidad & Tobago
Venue: UTT Professional Education Centre
The Network Startup Resource Center ( NSRC), together with the Caribbean Knowledge and Learning Network ( CKLN), are teaching a 5-day workshop with a group of network engineers from National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) connected to C@ribNET. The program includes 3 days of routing and peering topics and two days of network management training. The program combines lectures and hands-on practice.
- Train network engineering staff from universities and research institutes in the Caribbean on how to build a scalable routing infrastructure to strengthen and expand the regional REN C@ribNET.
- Understand different REN models and gain hands-on experience with internal routing, inter-domain peering and traffic policies.
- Strengthen the human network of the research and education community in developing national and regional cyberinfrastructure in the Caribbean region.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and layer 2 and layer 3 network basics
- SSH SecureShell Client for Windows
- PuTTY for Windows (SSH)
- Linux/UNIX and Mac OS already have SSH installed. DO NOT USE PUTTY FOR LINUX OR MAC!