# NSRC - MYREN - TEIN NOC Workshop #
* **Dates:** September 2 - 6, 2017
* **Location:** Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
* **Host:** [MYREN](http://www.myren.net.my/)
* **Venue:** [MYREN NOC](http://www.myren.net.my/index.php/myren-services/network-operation-centre)
This is a five day hands-on technical workshop focused on network monitoring and management,
a discussion of the use of Kibana and Elastic Search for large network event data sets and
TEIN Member Country Updates to be presented by attending participants.
## Workshop ##
* [Detailed Agenda](agenda.html) (includes links to presentations and schedule)
* [Workshop Participants](participants.html)
* [Group Photo 1](ClassPhoto1.jpg)
* [Group Photo 2](ClassPhoto2.jpg)
* [Reference Materials](references.html)
* Classroom: [Network Diagram](references/nmm-lab-diagram.pdf) and [Groups](references/nmm-groups-diagram.pdf)
* [TEIN Member Updates](memberupdates)
* [Sponsors](sponsors.html "Workshop Sponsors")
## Workshop Goals ##
* Train network engineering staff from [TEIN](http://www.teincc.org/) connected countries and NOCs on how to design, build and monitor scalable and sustainable research and education networks.
* Learn best practices and methodology to monitor and manage networks for improved performance and security.
* Strengthen the human network of the research and education community in developing national and regional cyberinfrastructure.