# Routing Infrastructure and Security Operations Workshop #
* **Date:** 17th - 21st September 2019
* **Location:** Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
* **Host:** mnNOG
* **Venue:** TBA
## Goals / objectives ##
This five-day workshop teaches the skills required for the configuration of
scalable and secure routing, as well as best practice operation of the
networks making up today's Internet.
Participants in this course will learn about:
* IS-IS design and best practices for Service Provider networks
* BGP Protocol, Attributes and Policy
* BGP Scalability (including Route Reflectors and Communities)
* BGP Best Practices, including Aggregation
* BGP Multihoming techniques (redundancy and load balancing)
* BGP Communities as used by Network Operators
* BGP Security Operations Best Practices
* Remote Trigger Black Hole Filtering
* Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding
* Route Origin Authorisation and Validation
* Troubleshooting BGP & Related Tools
## Pre-requisites ##
It is assumed that the workshop participants are proficient with a router
command line interface, have a good understanding of OSPF or IS-IS, as
well as experience with using BGP in an operational network.
This workshop is not an introduction.
The lab exercises use Cisco IOS configuration syntax.
Participants are required to bring their own laptops - (Windows/Linux/macOS)
## Workshop ##
* [Detailed Workshop Agenda](agenda.html) (includes links to presentations and schedule)
* [Reference Materials](references.html)
* [NSRC on Facebook](https://www.facebook.com/nsrc.org)