# APRICOT 2021: BGP Deployment Tutorial #
- Date: 24th - 26th February 2021
- Location: Virtual
- Host: APRICOT
- Partners: PhNOG, DICT and DOST-ASTI.
- Timezone: UTC+8 (Philippines)
- Time: 11:00-12:15 each day
## Tutorial Description ##
This tutorial covers BGP basics, including what the protocol is, what it is used
for, and how it is generally used on networks today. The tutorial also covers
current scaling techniques, and looks at the most common BGP attributes and
what they are used for.
The tutorial then introduces Multihoming, and takes a practical look at deploying
Multihoming from the perspective of an end-site network hoping to improve their
resiliency and redundancy.
The tutorial finishes off by looking at the Best Current Practices in operational
networks today, covering a whole range of topics including filtering,
aggregation, configuration best practices, MANRS, etc.
## Useful Links ##
* [Reference Materials](references.html)
* [NSRC on Facebook](https://www.facebook.com/nsrc.org)
## Tutorial ##
- [Detailed Agenda](agenda.html)